Quality or Quantity?
In a relationship with someone, would you rather have “Quality” or “Quantity”? Research shows that quality gives is us the best chance at finding true happiness, while quantity leads to the least amount of short term heart ache. So, while quantity avoids some pain right now, quality rewards us with long-term happiness
Countless of people have spent imaginable amount of hours pondering the importance of the relationship on one’s happiness, and here is what some of them had to say:
· The quality of your life is the quality of your relationships.
· A loving relationship is one in which the loved one is free to be himself — to laugh with me, but never at me; to cry with me, but never because of me; to love life, to love himself, to love being loved. Such a relationship is based upon freedom and can never grow in a jealous heart.
--Leo F. Buscaglia
· People are lonely because they build walls instead of bridges.
--Joseph F. Newton Men
· Shared joy is a double joy; shared sorrow is half a sorrow.
· Someone to tell it to is one of the fundamental needs of human beings.
· Some of the biggest challenges in relationships come from the fact that most people enter a relationship in order to get something: they’re trying to find someone who’s going to make them feel good. In reality, the only way a relationship will last is if you see your relationship as a place that you go to give, and not a place that you go to take.
If you are ready for meaningful, trustworthy, and safe relationships, then pursue quality. Yes it can be scary at times, but it is also very thrilling and adventurous